==> 24 HOUR CONTINUOUS CAMPOUT IN FRONT OF CIC OFFICES STARTS
==> RALLY AT CIC (300 WEST GEORGIA) SATURDAY MAY 26 FROM 2-4 PM
==> CONTINUE TO EMAIL/FAX/WRITE LETTERS (click here for template and backgrounder)
Mr. Ghahramani is a well known comedic Iranian entertainer and has contributed greatly to the diverse community in North Vancouver. As a helpful and supportive elder and member of his community, he is deeply respected and loved by many. Mr. Ghahramani arrived in Canada on April 3,1999 and filed a refugee claim on the basis of the risk and persecution he faced in Iran. His rejection was based mostly on minor inconsistencies in his account in his application form versus his account during the hearing- speaking no English and in a state of high stress and anxiety. Because the government has failed to implement the appeal process required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (2002), Mr. Ghahramani’s fate has essentially rested in the hands of one person. As with so many other refugees, Mr. Ghahramani’s refusal is a reflection of the structurally flawed refugee system.We hope you will join in the struggle for dignity for Iraj.
* Spread the word about the rally on Saturday May 26 at 2 pm.
* To call and leave a message of solidarity at the campout, please call 778 552 2099.
* Drop by the campout whenever you can and share your solidarity: leave messages for Iraj, sign a letter, bring supplies (water, blankets etc).
* Sign up for a shift (even 1 hour sometime in the next few days) at the campout if you are able to. Please email us at email@example.com or call 778 840 2009.
* We have received hundreds of support letters for Iraj- thank you! Pleasecontinue to call/fax/email Minister Stockwell Day and Minister Diane Finley to demand that they stop this deportation. Click here for SAMPLE LETTER .
* If you are interested in getting together a group of coworkers, members of your group, or members of your community to express your collective solidarity with Iraj, we would encourage you to organize a coordinated delegation to arrive at one time and pressure CIC to stop the deportation of Iraj. Please do contact us about this possibility at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 778 885 0040.
Please stay in touch if you would like to receive future updates and thankyou for your ongoing support. In solidarity, No One is Illegal Vancouver
For more information, email email@example.com or call 778 885 0040